Allan Deas is an award winning illustrator & designer based in Barcelona, Spain. With more than twenty years experience in the creative industries he has worked for a wide selection of international clients across many areas for brands such as Twinings, Vodafone, Waitrose, National Geographic & Karl Lagerfeld. He has exhibited in major cities around the world & is always on the lookout for new & exciting projects!
Originally from Scotland, where he grew up and studied, Allan takes his inspiration from many things including travel, vintage packaging, posters, books & TV shows of his childhood in the 70s & 80s. His authentic style sees a variety of influences twist together in a cocktail of colourful detail, charming characters & a quirky sense of humour which bring his work to life in a way that’s hard not to bring a smile to the viewer’s face!
After graduating with a degree in illustration, printmaking & photography, Allan moved to London where he worked for many years as a graphic designer in the fashion industry before also turning his hand to professional illustration in around 2006 & has since enjoyed an excellent response to his style & creations. In addition to London, he also lived in Paris for a few years as well as a stints in Düsseldorf & Rome, all adding to his diverse experience & inspiration. Allan currently lives & works in Barcelona, Spain where he speaks the most excellent "Spanglish!
Allan has most recently won an award in the Applied Arts Illustration awards 2023, a merit award in the 3x3 illustration awards 2022 & the Gold Medal for commercial illustration in the iJungle illustration awards 2021. In addition he has also been recognised by The World Illustration Awards & Communication Arts illustration Awards being both long listed & shortlisted several times. His work has also featured in many design books from publishers including Gestalten, Victionary, Collins, Sandu & IdN. Allan continues to split his time between personal & commercial illustration along with other design projects & is always on the look out for new and exciting challenges, consistently aiming to tackle any assignment with professionalism, passion & a keen eye for detail.
Contact Allan for enquiries about commercial work, collaborations or for more information.
Allan's diverse illustration work has spanned Advertising, Packaging, Design, Fashion, Editorial & Publishing & he is pleased to have worked with such clients as:
Vodafone / Twinings / Lufthansa / Karl Lagerfeld / Waitrose / Rimmel / Camel / Victionary / Carlton Dry / Specsavers / National Geographic / GAP / The Telegraph / The Guardian / EMI / Norwegian Air / Grazia / Heineken / The Big Issue / Louis Vuitton / Portobello Books / HP Sauce / Glasgow University / Virgin / Ellesse / Marks & Spencer / Bombay Sapphire /
• Applied Arts Illustration Awards 2023
• Award for Public Service / Charity Illustration
• 3x3 International Illustration Awards 2022
• Merit Award for Self Promotion
• Honorable Mention for Editorial
• Communication Arts Illustration 2022 & 2021
• Shortlisted for Unpublished / Self Promotion
• Shortlisted for Advertising
• iJungle illustration Awards 2021
• Gold Medal for Commercial
• Merit Award for Self Promotion
• Creative Quaterly 66 - 2021
• Winner & Runner up for Illustration
• World Illustration Awards 2021
• Longlisted for Packaging
• 3x3 - New York - 2022/23
• Ilustrofest - Belgrade - 2021
• Secret 7" - London - 2020
• Chronicles in Colour ( Solo Show ) - Florence - 2019
• AOI Innovation Group Show - London - 2019
• We Draw - Illustration - Barcelona - 2018
• CHI & AMV BBDO Group Show - London - 2013/14
• Multiplayer Group Show - London - 2013
• Secret 7" - London - 2012
• nur@nt Milan - 2011
• Glug / D&AD - London - 2010
• AOI Images 34 - London - 2010
• Noise of Art - London - 2009
• AOI Images 33 - London - 2009
• Refacimento - Portland - 2008
• AOI Images 32 - London - 2008
• Power in Numbers - Los Angeles - 2008
• Grafuck - Los Angeles - 2007
• Outsiders Wanted - Stockholm & Milan - 2007
• Applied Arts Illustration Annual - 2023
• 3x3 Annual 19 - 2023
• Creative Quarterly 66 - 2022
• All About Maps - Sandu Publishing - 2016
• Illustrative Branding - Ginko Press - 2015
• Map Mania - Pie Books - 2015
• Freistil - Schmidt Hermann Verlag - 2014
• Illustration 2 - Zeixs - 2012
• Poster Design 2 - Zeixs - 2012
• Images 36 - AOI - 2012
• Playful Type 2 - Gestalten - 2010
• Los Logos Compass - Gestalten - 2010
• Images 34 - AOI - 2010
• ARK - IdN - 2009
• Semi Permanent V2 - Design is Kinky - 2009
• Images 33 - AOI - 2009
• If You Could... Diary - Hudson Beck - 2009
• Big Book Illustration 2 - Collins Design - 2009
• Images 32 - AOI - 2008
Contact Allan for enquiries about commercial work, collaborations or for more information & to follow on social media...
Allan is a member of The Association of Illustrators.
For full terms and conditions for commercial projects please click here: T&C
Allan also continues to work in graphic design & has a strong interest in photography. Visit his sister sites Nice & South for graphics & print, Visual Magpie for photography.